In my post about Ways To Increase Your Lenormand Accuracy, I mentioned that looking back on past readings and assessing them is one way you can help improve the accuracy of your Lenormand readings in the future.
As we are nearly at year end, I am revisiting my experimental UK 2019 year ahead prediction (yes, I waited until after the General Election!) to see how I did.
You can see my full assessment – and what I think I got right and wrong – here: UK 2019 GT Prediction: How Did I Do?
Here are five things YOU can learn from going back to your previous readings after a period of time; particularly useful if you are keeping a Lenormand journal.
1. WHAT was accurate – and if anything in particular seems not to have been
You’ll often find, as you go through your old readings, you get a feeling of, “ah, yes,” … along with some surprises, or things you’d completely forgotten the cards have said.
What you’ll usually find is a mixture of:
- Things that were spot on (sometimes VERY weirdly)
- Things that in retrospect fit but you didn’t perhaps see it or interpret it that way at the time
- Things that either still seem random, off, or to bear no real relation to events
2. HOW it was accurate (or not)
Here, you can start to analyse what was going on. Does it seem that:
- Your cards and interpretation were both spot on?
- Your cards were correct but your interpretation wasn’t?
- Neither cards nor possible interpretations had any bearing on reality?
3. WHY might that have been the case
- You did this reading in a particular way, asking particular questions, or with a particular mindset or approach
- You stuck to one interpretation because you thought it made more sense or wanted that at the time but actually, another turned out to be more accurate
- You weren’t in the right frame of mind when you did this reading
4. WHAT does that tell you about how you best read Lenormand & how it works for you?
- Are you mainly a predictive reader or one who uses the cards best for self-development or explorative purposes?
- What kinds of spreads do and don’t seem to work well for you?
- Do you have difficulty with certain cards or meanings? Do you need to work on your card interpretation skills?
- Do some cards always seem to work in a certain way for you?
- Do certain question types work better for you than others?
- What about how you do your readings? Is there anything you think you should be sure to do or avoid?
5. HOW will you use that information when reading Lenormand in future?
Putting it all together, what can you learn from your experiences and looking back on your readings that you can take into the future? Write it down. There are no right and wrong answers – only what works for you personally at this time. For example:
- “I’m happy/not happy to do predictive readings.” (If not, how might you best use the cards in future?)
- “I prefer to use 9-card spreads. They seem to work best for me. I don’t like 3 or 5 cards or GTs.” Or vice versa
- “I need to get better with X cards’ meanings.” or “X card ALWAYS seems to mean Y rather than Z in my readings.”
- “I need to learn more about linking cards together in a context.” “I need to learn this spread more thoroughly.”
- “I tend to do better when I ask X kind of question.”
- “My readings go better when I perform X ritual/cut the cards in a certain way/use X deck,” etc
- “X type of reading doesn’t really seem to work for me. So I’m going to try Y instead.”
Do You Need More Guidance?
Go to my Lenormand Tips page for more tips about common issues and problems.
For a FREE card combinations PDF E-Book, sign up to my mailing list for weekly newsletters and other freebies. If you don’t want to sign up, it’s also available in paperback and ebook format from Amazon.
Also, my Complete Guide to Lenormand e-book as well as my Love and Careers workbooks are now available from Amazon, Kobo, Barnes & Noble, Apple Books & other ebook platforms and are all also available as downloadable/printable PDFs here in the SHOP!
Or Do You Want A Private Reading?
I now offer private email readings. I can also help you interpret your own readings: your own layouts and your own cards. Please see my service pages here and here for how to order. (Oh, and be sure to check my code of ethics as to my approach!). You can check out samples of my reports here: